The Needlepoint Book: A Complete Update of the Classic Guide by Jo Ippolito Christensen
Since its original publication in 1976, The Needlepoint Book has become known as "The Black Bible" the one resource every aficionado of needlepoint needs to own. Completely revised and expanded, this updated edition includes your favorite features, plus:
* A 16-PACE COLOR INSERT WITH ALL-NEW PROJECTS
• A CRASH COURSE ON THE NEW FIBERS UPDATED INFORMATION ON MATERIALS, AS WELL AS HOW TO WORK WITH AND CARE FOR THEM
• DOZENS OF NEW STITCHES AND A CHAPTER ON THE POPULAR OPENWORK STITCHES
• MORE THAN 1,300 ILLUSTRATIONS
• 369 STITCHES! DIAGRAMS FOR ALL PROJECTS SHOWN
The Needlepoint Book covers all the information you need to learn needlepoint and improve your technique in a single comprehensive volume. You'll find section on:
* CHOOSING THE RIGHT PROJECT
• TRANSFERRING DESIGNS
• ELEMENTS OF GOOD DESIGN: COLOR, PROPORTION, AND BALANCE
• LEFT-HANDED NEEDLEPOINT
• FINISHING TECHNIQUES
• CLEANING NEEDLEPOINT
• AND MUCH MORE!
The Needlepoint Book is a complete guide to the craft, and the only book you'll ever need as a reference to become an expert at creating exquisite works to be treasured forever.