The New British Politics / Edition 3 available in Paperback
Table of Contents
1. British politics in context: International, social, and historical settings.
I. STRUCTURE AND DEVELOPMENT IN BRITISH POLITICS.
2. The first industrial country: Institutions and relationships 1850-1930.
3. From protection back to the free market 1931-2000.
4. Britain in Europe.
5. Europe in Britain.
6. The (dis)United Kingdom? Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
7. A British constitution?
8. The core executive: Prime Minister and Cabinet.
9. Ministries, ministers and mandarins: Central government in Britain.
10. The changing state: Administrative reforms.
11. Pressure groups.
12. The nature and impact of the mass media.
13. The mass media and pluralist democracy in Britain.
14. Elections and voting.
15. Political parties and party factions.
16. Party ideologies and political representation.
17. Parties and Parliament.
18. Local democracy?
19. Politics and law.
20. The police and policing.
21. Security and secrecy.
22. Foreign and defense policy.
23. Environmental policy.
24. Economic policy.
25. Social policy.
26. Equal opportunities.
VII. A NEW BRITISH POLITICS?
27. New politicsfor a new millennium?
28. New politics, wider democracy?