The New British Politics / Edition 3 available in Paperback
This revised and updated third edition of the highly praised New British Politics offers a lively, authoritative and comprehensive introduction to current British politics. Written by internationally known specialists from the top Politics Department in the UK, the book combines incisive and original analysis with clear and direct presentation, specially tailored to the needs of lecturers, teachers and students of British politics from A-level to University Second Year.
|Edition description:||Revised and Updated Edition|
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.70(h) x 1.10(d)|
Table of Contents
List of abbreviations
1. British Politics in Context : International, Social, and Historical Settings
PART I STRUCTURE AND DEVELOPMENT IN BRITISH POLITICS
2. The First Industrial Country: Ideas and Institutions 1688-1931
3. International Crisis and Economic Change: Ideas and Institutions, 1931-2004
PART II GOVERNMENT
4. A British Constitution?
5. The Prime Minister, the Cabinet, and the Core Executive
6. Ministries, Ministers and Mandarins: Central Government in Britain
7. The Changing State: Administrative Reforms
PART III BEYOND WESTMINSTER
8. Britain in Europe
9. Europe in Britain
10. Disuniting the Kingdom: Ireland
11. Devolution: Scotland, Wales and the English Regions
12. Local Democracy?
PART IV POPULAR PARTICIPATION,
13. Pressure Groups
14. The Mass Media and Pluralist Democracy
15. Elections and Voting
PART V REPRESENTATION BY PARTIES
16. Political Parties and Party Factions
17. Party Ideologies and Political Representation
18. Parties and Parliament
PART VI LAW, ORDER AND SECURITY
19. Politics and Law
20. The Police and Policing
21. Security and Secrecy
PART VII POLICY
22. Foreign and Defence Policy
23. Environmental Policy
24. Economic Policy
25. Social Policy
26. Equal Opportunities
PART VIII A NEW BRITISH POLITICS?
27. New Labour: a New Politics for a New Millennium?
28. New Politics, New Democracy?