When Sugar Busters! hit the shelves, it quickly became a diet and lifestyle phenomenon, soaring to the number one spot on the New York Times bestseller list and embraced by millions of people across the country. Those satisfied individuals on the Sugar Busters! plan discovered that by simply choosing the correct carbohydrates and lowering their sugar intake, they could shed the pounds they failed to lose with other diets. Now the weight-loss program that swept the nation has been completely revised and updated-incorporating all the newest nutritional findings, health statistics, and scientific studies, including the latest on glycemic levels.
Based on sound dietary principles, Sugar Busters! remains a highly effective program that shows you how to reduce the sugar in your life (without feeling deprived) through easy-to-follow recipes and meal plans. In this new edition, you will discover
- A discussion on prevention, still the best medicine
- Amazing testimonials from men and women who are still losing weight and feeling fit the Sugar Busters! way
- Frequently asked questions-direct from the Sugar Busters! Web site- along with helpful answers
- A special section on childhood obesity-how to measure it and what to do about it
- Hard facts on soft drinks
- The latest on diabetes-and how Sugar Busters! can help prevent it
- A Body Mass Index (BMI) chart and Calculation Formula to determine if you are obese or merely overweight
- An expanded discussion of our ancestor's diet, which was whole-grain, high-fiber, and low-glycemic-just like Sugar Busters!
- Essential facts on women, weight loss, and nutrition
- New tips, updated charts, new recipes, and practical exercise suggestions
- Handy information on how Sugar Busters! compares with other diet plans, from Atkins to Ornish
|Publisher:||Tantor Media, Inc.|
|Edition description:||Library - Unabridged CD|
|Product dimensions:||6.70(w) x 6.50(h) x 1.00(d)|
About the Author
Sam S. Andrews, coauthor of The New Sugar Busters! is a clinical associate professor of medicine at Louisiana State University and a member of the pancreatic transplant team.
Nicholson Baker has published seven novels and three works of nonfiction, including Double Fold: Libraries and the Assault on Paper.
Coauthor of The New Sugar Busters!, Morrison C. Bethea, M.D., has authored many publications in the field of cardiovascular disease and is a diplomate of the American Board of Thoracic Surgery.
H. Leighton Steward is a veteran oil industry executive, coauthor of the Sugar Busters! series of dieting books, and winner of an Environmental Protection Agency award.
Reader of over 400 audiobooks, Dick Hill has won three coveted Audie awards and been nominated numerous times. He is also the recipient of several AudioFile Earphones Awards. AudioFile includes Dick on their prestigious list of "Golden Voices."