- Want it by Wednesday, September 26? Order by 12:00 PM Eastern and choose Expedited Shipping at checkout.
Design and typographic insights from the author of The Non-Designer’s book series (over 700,000 copies in print!)
This book offers decades of experience from one of the greatest computer book authors. Here in one volume, Robin Williams has joined together a new edition of her classic The Non-Designer’s Design Book—in glorious full color for the first time—and her best-selling The Non-Designer’s Type Book. Robin uses her straightforward and lighthearted style to define the principles that govern good design and type as well as the logic behind those principles. Using numerous examples, you’ll learn what looks best and why on your way to designing beautiful and effective projects. Whether you are a Mac user or a Windows user, a type novice or an experienced graphic designer, you will find inspiration and direction for the design quandaries and conundrums you are sure to encounter!
These essential guides to design and type will teach you about:
- The four principles of design that underlie every design project
- Categories of type
- Working with color
- How to combine typefaces for maximum effect
- Readability and legibility
- The proper typographic treatment of punctuation
- Letter spacing, line spacing, and paragraph spacing
- Special characters and accent marks
|Edition description:||Deluxe Edition|
|Product dimensions:||7.04(w) x 10.03(h) x 0.79(d)|
About the Author