Most Helpful Customer Reviews
The Organic Seasonal Cookbook based on 0 ratings. 1 reviews.
I received 3 cookbooks this year and this is my favorite by far!
Pros: 1.Breaks recipes down into seasons...when produce is in season, so you aren't having to buy limes from peru in winter...lol. You buy locally using this method.
2.Each recipe has a photo! If only all cookbooks did this! I love a photo for every recipe...and they are color...not those rinky dink black and white sketches some books use.
3. Recipes are easy to understand and adapt if needed.
4. Educational "Cook's Tips" throughout the book.
5. Chart that lists the foods for each season.
6. There are appetizer, soup, snack, Main Course and accompaniment, and Dessert recipes for each season.
7. The author makes even a time consuming recipe like "Sweet Potato Ravioli with Sage Butter" seem fun and doable. I'm going to give it a go next week.
Cons: 1. Some of the ingredients require a little research in locating. I had not noticed parsnips at my local store until I was looking for them. I live in a modest southern town in AL, and am not sure where to find Chestnut Honey. I can find Tupelo, Clover, Orange Blossom, Wildflower, etc. types of honey, all locally made. For the most part, you can find the ingredients, you just may not be used to looking for them.