A 2019 Theodore Seuss Geisel Award Honoree
NPR Best Books of the Year, New York Times Notable Children's Book, Boston Globe Best Book of the Year
Join the dynamic, yet opposite duo as they learn to appreciate differences among friends: Fox and Chick don't always agree, but Fox and Chick are always friends. With sly humor and companionable warmth, Sergio Ruzzier deftly captures the adventures of these seemingly opposite friends. With spare text and airy images, this early chapter book is also accessible to a picture book audience.
• Book teaches a lesson about accepting and cherishing our differences through sweet and funny characters as they embark on silly adventures
• Luminous watercolor images showcased in comic-book panel form will entice emerging readers, keeping them engaged and wanting more
• Sergio Ruzzier is a Sendak Fellow whose work has been lauded by the Society of Illustrators, Communication Arts, and the Society of Publication Designers
"A subtle lesson, couched in humor: We can be friends with people who aren't just like us." — The New York Times
• Great family and classroom read-aloud book
• Books for kids ages 5-8
• Books for early and emergent readers
About the Author
Sergio Ruzzier is a Sendak Fellow whose work has been lauded by the Society of Illustrators, Communication Arts, and the Society of Publication Designers. Born in Milan, Italy, he now makes his home in Brooklyn, New York.