This classic reference work is the one thesaurus no home or office should be without. As easy to use as a dictionary-and just as important to own-this is an indispensable treasury of words that will enable everyone to express themselves clearly and effectively.
The Penguin Roget's College Thesaurus in Dictionary Form features:
• More than 5,000 new words and phrases
• Synonyms for more efficient cross-referencing
• Easy-to-read double column format
• The latest colloquial and slang terms
• Quotations and phrases that reveal the fascinating history of each word and the ideas it represents
With the synonyms and antonyms for each word listed alphabetically for quick, convenient use, this superior reference volume will help build vocabulary, improve writing skills, and enrich powers of expression.