The Postcolonial Novel / Edition 1 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- A concise introduction to a core and popular area of literary studies.
- Provides extended case studies which survey and summarise key critical debates and as such are invaluable for teaching.
- Places the emphasis on the text first and theory second, thus providing a unique and much needed approach to postcolonial literature, which in the past has been maligned for being theory driven.
- Takes an historical approach, thus covering a good range of texts that have generated lots of critical discussion and evaluative materials.
- Written clearly for an undergraduate reader, with introductory overviews at the start of each chapter.