This concise guide helps principals introduce a data-driven school improvement planning cycle, create a team to gather relevant data, and embed data practices into a school’s culture.
Table of Contents
1. School Improvement Planning The International Drive for Accountability in Education School Improvement Planning for Student Achievement Summary
2. The Dimensions of the Principal as Data-Driven Leader The Principal as Leader The Principal as Professional Developer The Principal's Role as Communicator Summary
3. Introducing Data-Based School Improvement Convincing School Staff Working With Leadership Teams Making Data Use Explicit Summary
4. Finding Reliable, Valid, and Comprehensive Data Types of Data Intersecting Data Defining Data Types With Your Staff Summary
5. The Data-Driven School Improvement Planning Cycle The School Improvement Planning Cycle In-School Application and Practice Ensuring That Evidence Is Valid and Complete Summary
6. Embedding the Cycle in the School's Culture Facilitating Success Adding to the Tool Kit Summary Educator Tool Kit Glossary References Index