|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis|
|Edition description:||Third Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 8.80(h) x 0.90(d)|
About the Author
Kevin B. Smith is Professor of Political Science at the University of Nebraska, Lincoln.
Christopher W. Larimer is Associate Professor of Political Science at the University of Northern Iowa.
Table of Contents
List of Illustrations
1. Public Policy as a Concept and a Field (or Fields) of Study
2. Does Politics Cause Policy? Does Policy Cause Politics?
3. Who Makes Decisions? How Do They Make Decisions? Actors and Institutions
4. Whose Values? Policy Design
5. Where Does Policy Come From? The Policy Process
6. What Should We Do? The Field of Policy Analysis
7. What Have We Done? Impact Analysis and Program Evaluation
8. How Does it Work? Policy Implementation
9. New Directions in Policy Research
10. Do the Policy Sciences Exist?
Appendix: Questions for Discussion or Comprehensive Exam Prep