One-on-one advice and guidance from the nation's leading job-search expert This unique interactive guide gives you something you won't get with any other resume book—the personal touch. Written by Jeff Allen, one of North America's bestselling career authors, The Resume Makeover arms you with a wealth of insider tips and step-by-step guidelines on how to create high-profile resumes guaranteed to get the recruiters to sit up and take notice. Then, once your resume is written, you simply send it to the address listed in the book, and, in just one week's time, your resume will be returned to you along with a point-by-point critique and a detailed list of expert recommendations on how to make it even better!
- The first and only interactive resume guide—you get personalized advice and guidance on how to create a winning resume
- More than 50 before-and-after examples clearly explain the do's and don'ts of writing effective resumes
- Examples taken from a wide range of fields, including advertising, hospital administration, sales, engineering, and dozens more
- Covers all the bases, including best resume formats, what to put in, what to leave out...even the best typefaces and types of paper to use for different markets
- Special chapters cover winning cover letters and follow-up letters, and cutting-edge computerized job-search techniques
Offering the expert advice and guidance of one of the nation's best-known job-search experts, along with a personalized, in-depth critique of your resume—at no additional charge—The Resume Makeover is the first big step on the way to the job of your dreams.
|Product dimensions:||7.05(w) x 9.96(h) x 0.73(d)|
About the Author
JEFFREY G. ALLEN, J.D., C.P.C., is America's leading placement attorney and the bestselling author of 15 career books. Mr. Allen has more than 25 years of experience as a recruiter, personnel manager, and lawyer. He has also served as Director of the National Placement Law Center and Special Advisor to the American Employment Association.
Table of Contents
What a Resume Is (and Isn't).
Planning Your Resume.
Information Blocks—Fill in the Blanks.
Resume Styles—Which One is Right for You?
Polishing and Printing Your Resume.
Writing the Cover Letter.