The Routledge Atlas of British History / Edition 3 available in Hardcover
The changing story of the British Isles forms the central theme of this fascinating and compelling atlas, which covers England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales - and the expansion and gradual disintegration of Britain's overseas empire. This new edition includes:
* politics: from the Saxon kingdoms and the collapse of Britain's French Empire to Jacobites, Parliamentary Reform, the Commonwealth and Europe
* war and Conflict: from Viking attacks and the Norman Invasion to the Armada, World War and the revolt against empire
* trade and Industry: from the post-Norman economy and Tudor trade to industrial unrest and the opening of international trade routes
* religion: from the Saxon Church to the Reformation
* society and Economics: from civilian life in Roman Britain to the Industrial and Agricultural revolutions, the Great Strike and the growth of universities
About the Author
Sir Martin Gilbert is Winston Churchill’s official biographer, and one of Britain’s leading historians, having written eighty-two books in total. He is an Honorary Fellow of Merton College, Oxford, and a Distinguished Fellow of Hillsdale College, Michigan. He has also most recently served on the committee of the Iraq Inquiry set up by the British Government. For more information, please visit www.martingilbert.com.
Table of Contents
@contents:The new edition includes thirteen new and updated maps.