Please note that the website URL is now routledgehebrew.com
The Routledge Introductory Course in Modern Hebrew: Hebrew in Israel is an integrated language course designed specifically for classroom–based learners.
The course contains 90 lessons combining texts, grammar explanations, and exercises. This is supported by a Companion Website with audiovisual materials to guide the student through the key skills of reading, writing, speaking, and listening.
- a wide range of compelling texts, from dialogues and simple narratives to newspaper articles and poetry
- vocabulary lists for each text
- a variety of exercises for every lesson including oral drills, listening comprehension, grammar exercises and writing practice
- a solid grammatical foundation presented in an accessible, user-friendly manner
- cultural notes to introduce students to Israeli society
- beautiful illustrations.
All the texts, wordlists, and verb conjugations are freely available in an audiovisual format on the Companion Website routledgehebrew.com which contains a wealth of additional resources including:
- answers to all of the exercises in the book
- interactive exercises
- audiovisual verb dictionary
- audiovisual lists of prepositions with their pronoun suffixes
- audiovisual reference charts of numbers, colors, the days of the week, etc.
- checklists and review lessons for each unit
- links to Israeli websites
- videos and music.
Hebrew in Israel provides everything that students and instructors need for an engaging and effective learning environment.
|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis|
|Product dimensions:||8.20(w) x 11.50(h) x 0.90(d)|
About the Author
Giore D. Etzion is Senior Lecturer in Hebrew at Washington University in St. Louis.
Table of Contents
To the user. Organisation of the lessons. Course Website. Culture. Reading and Writing in Hebrew. Overview. The Alphabet. The Vowels. The Syllable. The Cursive Alphabet. Unit 1. Unit 2. Unit 3. Unit 4. Unit 5. Unit 6. Unit 7. Unit 8. Hebrew–English Dictionary.