Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
The School Practitioner's Concise Companions gives busy social workers, psychologists, and counselors a quick guide to accessible, proven solutions for their students' most common problems. Built around the expert advice from the acclaimed School Services Sourcebook, each volume is a rapid reference to a key school issue.
Here, readers will find an overview of adolescent mental health disorders and step-by-step guidelines for intervening effectively. This Concise Companion covers ten major mental health issues-from depression to ADHD to autism-as well as strategies for working with co-occurring disorders and managing psychopharmacological treatments.
Each chapter is filled with charts, checklists, and cases and is conveniently organized around What We Know, What We Can Do, Tools and Practice Examples, and Key Points to Remember. A portable catalog of best practices, it brings evidence-based practice within easy reach of school professionals.
|Publisher:||Oxford University Press|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.10(h) x 0.60(d)|
Table of Contents
Preface, Cynthia Franklin
1. Effective Interventions for Students with Conduct Disorder, David Springer, Courtney Lynch
2. Effective Interventions for Students with ADHD, Martel Teasley
3. Effective Interventions with Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Tammy Linseisen
4. Effective Interventions for Students with Separation Anxiety Disorder, Marilyn Camacho, Lisa Hunter
5. Effective Interventions for Students with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, Megan Tomb, Lisa Hunter
6. Effective Interventions for Adolescents with Depression, Jacqueline Corcoran, Jane Harvey-Phillips
7. Effect Interventions for Students with Bipolar Disorder, Kathleen Casey
8. Effective Interventions for Students with Schizophrenia and Other Psychotic Disorders, Susan Stone
9. Effective Interventions for Students with Autism and Asperger's Syndrome, Michelle S. Ballan, Karen S. Hoban
10. School-Based Adolescent Suicidality: Lethality Assessments and Crisis Intervention, Albert R. Roberts
11. Effective Strategies for Working with Students who have Co-occuring Disorders, Stephen Tripodi, Johnny Kim, Diana DiNitto
12. Psychopharmacological Treatment for Child and Adolescent Mental Disorders, Kia Bentley, Kathryn S. Collins