The Scofield® Study Bible III offers an unparalleled package of reference tools designed to enrich the study of God's unchanging Word. It has been augmented (not revised) with a wealth of factual information that is clearly displayed in charts and sidebar articles. These add depth and richness to study time, making the ideas underlying the Scofield's annotations clearer to modern readers.
This edition features the English Standard Version, an "essentially literal" translation of the Bible that emphasizes word-for-word accuracy and precision along with literary beauty and readability.
Enhanced book introductions, accurate in-text maps, authoritative full-color maps, and page-bottom notes broaden the context of the reader's understanding. Everything about this volume has been designed to encourage serious Bible study. First-time students and seasoned believers alike will find it to be a trustworthy guide to the panorama of God's plan of salvation.
* An exclusive, subject-based topical chain reference system.
* Over 100 boxed factual articles and lists.
* Expanded introductions with detailed outlines of each book.
* An expanded Subject index.
* Study not biblical references are in "chapter-and-verse" format.
* Side-column references are grouped by chapter and verse.
* Over 550 in-text definitions of proper nouns for people and place names.
* Nearly 70 in-text black and white maps and charts.
* In-text articles of nearly 250 notes crucial to understanding the Scofield®.
* Indexes to Proper Nouns, Chain References, and Subjects.
* 16 pages of accurate, full color New Oxford Bible Maps (with index of places and natural features.
* Bottom-of-the-page study notes.
* Sectional headings.
* Select ESV Concordance.