The Serial Verb Construction Parameter by Osamuyimen Thompson Stewart
An investigation of the serial verb construction, this work engages central issues in syntactic theory-complex predicates, clausal architecture and syntactic variation.
About the Author
Osamuyimen Thompson Stewart teaches at the University of British Columbia.
Table of ContentsChapter 1. Introduction: In Search of Serial Verb Constructions
2. Two Types of SVC's Versus Covert Coordinations
3. Predicate Cleft and Event Quantification in SVC's and CC's
4. Double Objects and Object Sharing in SVCs
5. Comparatove Analysis of SVCs and CCs
The Serial Verb Construction Parameter
7. Re-analysis of "Serial verb Construction"
8. SVC Consequences