Leadership. Management. Change management. Coaching. Team building. Vision. Hiring. Interviewing. Triage. Executive presentations. Mentoring. Strategy. If these topics arise in your professional activities, then The Sophisticated Manager is the book that will take you to the next level in becoming a Great Manager. To view an expandable table of "CONTENTS", go to: http://sophisticated-manager-jack-litewka.net/
In mentoring dozens of managers over the years, Jack Litewka learned what undercut their confidence, what they felt unprepared to do, what issues caused them the most angst, in what areas they had significant gaps in experience and knowledge, and what were the mistakes they frequently made.
Here are some of the topics that you will read about in this book:
- You will learn what differentiates a Good Manager from a Great Manager.
- You will learn what the key responsibility of a Great Manager.
- You will learn a world-class Triage methodology.
- You will learn a world-class process for Interviewing and Hiring.
- You will learn some of the positive things that are *must-do’s* if you are a recently-hired manager.
- You will learn how to identify potential pitfalls and how to avoid them.
- You will gain a deeper understanding of what you need to do to create a High-Performance Team and a Great Team Culture.
The Sophisticated Manager is an “in the trenches” book (aka “lessons from the real world”). It focuses on frequently-arising issues that managers – first-time managers as well as experienced managers – grapple with when they take on a managerial position. This book tells you how to do certain things that managers struggle with (rather than just telling you, in general terms, what you’re supposed to do) – and why to do them that way. Jack draws on his experience and also on the experience of having both mentored and learned from many managers over the years, which made clear the ways in which managers get themselves into trouble.
This book does not try to cover everything that a manager needs to know. Instead, it focuses on how to accomplish certain difficult tasks in a world-class manner. It will increase your ability to deftly handle dicey situations and will also help you to avoid getting into trouble in the first place.