This book argues that God's mission is broad and that all of us can live with missional intentionality by understanding the many facets of missions and focusing on a particular calling. Just like different instruments of a symphony harmonize together, each aspect of human participation in missionevangelism, justice initiatives, poverty alleviation, faithful work in the marketplace, arthelps us play our part in God's work in the world. Combining expertise from a mission scholar and a working pastor, the book includes practical examples and tools to help readers imagine their part in God's mission.
|Publisher:||Baker Publishing Group|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.00(d)|
About the Author
Michael W. Goheen (PhD, University of Utrecht) is director of theological education at the Missional Training Center in Tempe, Arizona; scholar-in-residence for the Surge Network of Churches-Phoenix; and professor of missional theology at Covenant Theological Seminary.
Jim Mullins is pastor of vocational and theological formation at Redemption Church in Tempe, Arizona, and director of faith, work, and rest at the Surge Network of Churches-Phoenix.
Table of Contents
1. Story: Listening to the Symphony
2. Simplicity: Learning the Notes
3. Intentionality: The Movements of Mission
4. Stewardship: Displaying the Glory of the Father through the Work of Our Hands
5. Service: Displaying the Love of Christ by Washing the Feet of the World
6. The Spoken Word: Displaying the Power of the Holy Spirit by Opening Our Mouths
7. Listening: Finding Your Place in God's Symphony
8. Performing: Participating in God's Symphony
9. Sustaining: Persevering in God's Symphony