A cure for cancer is stolen in Dallas, Texas, and now people are being killed. Denny McConnell, PI, is on the case.
When the young woman who, with four others, stole the promising cancer medicine is knifed in the gut, Denny is hired by her mother to find the killer. Soon after, Denny is kidnapped and mistaken for a man who stole a plutonium purification process, and he becomes enmeshed in an increasingly deadly affair. A week later, the young woman's best friend is shot along a freeway.
Intrigue builds and bodies continue to drop in a seemingly endless string of crimes. Finally, an assassin working for the woman who instigated the medicine theft comes for Denny, and more bizarre twists follow.
EVOLVED PUBLISHING PRESENTS another entertaining, intriguing romp by one private investigator through some deadly wheeling and dealing in the Great State of Texas. [DRM-Free]
BOOKS BY KENT SWARTS:
- Denny McConnell PI – Book 1: A Family Feud Texas Style
- Denny McConnell PI – Book 2: A Savvy Way to Kill
- Denny McConnell PI – Book 3: The Texas Medicine Murders
- ...and Books 4-5 are works in progress, so stay tuned.
MORE GREAT CRIME/MYSTERY FICTION FROM EVOLVED PUBLISHING:
- The "PI Kowalski" Series by Chris Krupa
- "10-30" and "Dormir" by Michael Golvach
- "The Oz Files" Series by Barry Metcalf
- The "Duncan Cochrane" Series by David Hagerty
- "The Syndicate-Born Trilogy" Series by K.M. Hodge
Related collections and offers
About the Author
Kent Swarts was an aerospace engineer for 46 years, and is now an astronomer. He has edited the Central Texas Astronomical Society’s newsletter for 15 years. He’s published in six sci-fi and dystopian anthologies. Now retired, he finds retirement more demanding than any job he’s had. He lives in Waco, Texas with his wife and dog, and when not writing, he reads or goes golfing. Engineering has influenced his writing, particularly pertaining to characters and to penning sci-fi.