Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
In every mystical wisdom tradition, non-ordinary states of consciousness have served as essential tools for discovering why we are here and how we can live richer, more meaningful lives. For more than 40 years, Stanislav Grof has tested and brought these methods into the field of modern psychology.
Are emotional states and behavioral patterns explained solely by brain chemistry and life experience or could they be expressions of far vaster universal energies? Which specific mind states most powerfully accelerate integration and healing of the self? And how do you access these states?
On The Transpersonal Vision, Grof answers these questions and raises many others in a stunning summation of his groundbreaking life's work. You will learn about transpersonal psychology's daring forays into the worlds of the shaman and the mystic; how your perinatal (birth and prebirth) experiences profoundly affect you even today; what past-life, near-death, and out-of-body phenomena teach us about our life purpose; and much more.
Note: Workbook is on CD-ROM.
- Utilize the healing potential of non-ordinary states of consciousness
- Classify the structures of psychosomatic disorders through the transpersonal conceptual framework
- List the elements of Grof’s Holotropic Breathwork
- Review the human experience of death and dying throughout history
- Review the status of non-ordinary states of consciousness throughout history
- Examine the philosophical, metaphysical, and spiritual insights that emerged from Grof’s work
- Evaluate the practical relevance of these insights on the individual and on the world as a whole
|Publisher:||Sounds True, Incorporated|
|Product dimensions:||6.81(w) x 6.41(h) x 1.04(d)|
About the Author
Stanislav Grof, MD, received his doctorate in medicine from the Charles University School of Medicine in Prague and his doctorate in the philosophy of medicine from the Czechoslovakian Academy of Sciences. Dr. Grof has served as a research fellow at John Hopkins University and chief of psychiatric research at the Maryland Psychiatric Center. He currently teaches psychology at the California Institute of Integral Studies. Stanislav Grof is the founding president of the International Transpersonal Association. He is the author of 11 books, including Realms of the Human Unconscious; Beyond the Brain; The Holographic Mind; and The Stormy Search for the Self (with Christina Grof).