A perfect companion to any triathlon training program, The Triathlete’s Training Diary offers an ideal way for you to plan, record, and better understand your workouts and performance. With undated pages for use any time of the year, this diary offers plenty of space for all the objective and subjective performance metrics you might want to track in a smart format that’s been carefully designed, tested, and refined by Joe Friel, the top coach in the sport of triathlon.
The Triathlete’s Training Diary is wirebound to lay flat and flips easily so you can look up past workouts or settle your pre-race nerves by proving to yourself that you’ve done the work. This paper workout log is simple to use, never requires a login or password, and can be completely customized to meet your needs for any triathlon training schedule. This physical record of your workouts will reveal insights that don’t display on an online dashboard.
Fully compatible with Joe Friel’s best-selling training programs like The Triathlete’s Training Bible , Your First Triathlon , Going Long , and Your Best Triathlon , this diary simplifies the planning and execution of your triathlon training.
High-performing athletes know that a training diary is an invaluable tool. Whether they work with a coach or train independently, even elite triathletes keep a training log to hone their feel for performance, consolidate training data in one location, track their progress, monitor for injuries and overtraining, and reshape their goals throughout the season.
The Triathlete’s Training Diary includes:
- Coach Friel’s introduction to the essential details of keeping a training log.
- Friel’s guide to planning out your season.
- Season goals, Annual training hours, Weekly training hours
- 53 undated weekly spreads.
- Space for every training metric like rest/recovery, weight, workout type, route, distance/time, average heart rate and power, zones, weather, heart rate, RPE, and your custom notes
- Room for two-a-day workouts.
- Weekly Summary charts
- Race Results Summary to log finish times, split times, pre- and post-race nutrition, efforts, and age-group rankings
- Physiological test results such as VO2max and lactate threshold.
- Training Grids to graph the data you choose
- Road and mountain bike measurements with space to note adjustments
- Your favorite routes and best times
- Season results summary
- Race day gear checklist
What gets measured gets managed. Add The Triathlete’s Training Diary to your program and you’ll unlock valuable insights that can help you improve in your sport.
|Edition description:||2nd ed.|
|Product dimensions:||7.00(w) x 8.90(h) x 1.20(d)|
About the Author
Joe Friel is the most trusted endurance sports coach in the world. He is the best-selling author of The Triathlete’s Training Bible , The Cyclist’s Training Bible , Fast After 50 , Going Long , Your Best Triathlon , The Power Meter Handbook , and Your First Triathlon. His TrainingBible Coaching service is one of the most successful and respected in endurance sports.
Joe has trained endurance athletes since 1980, including national champions, world championship contenders, and Olympic athletes in triathlon, duathlon, road cycling, and mountain biking.
He is an elite-certified USA Triathlon and USA Cycling coach and holds a master’s degree in exercise science. He conducts training and racing seminars around the world and provides consulting services for corporations in the fitness industry. He has also been active in business as the founder of Ultrafit, an association of coaching businesses; TrainingPeaks, a web-based software company; and TrainingBible Coaching.
Table of Contents
Tracking Your Training
Annual Training Plan
Weekly Training Hours
Routes and Best Times
Race Day Checklist