If you're in chronic pain and you're not getting adequate relief from your treatment, this book is for you. You don't have to "learn to live with your pain" or put up with unpleasant side effects from your medication. There are treatments available that could safely cure your pain.
The Truth About Chronic Pain Treatments reviews the evidence for the safety and effectiveness of a wide variety of treatments and reveals how organized medicine is keeping you from getting the care you need and deserve. It's a comprehensive guide to avoiding the treatments that don't work or are likely to cause harm and selecting the therapies that are most likely to promote healing.
Here are some things you will learn about in The Truth About Chronic Pain Treatments:
• Prescription opioids like hydrocodone and oxycodone are highly addictive, even for medical patients taking them as directed.
• Pain patients who take opioids have more pain, more disability and lower quality of life than similar patients who don't take opioids.
• Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen and Celebrex significantly raise your risk of heart attack, stroke and kidney damage.
• So many people have abnormal findings on MRIs even when they don't have any pain that if you have herniated, bulging or degenerated disks, chances are that it has nothing to do with your pain.
• Spinal fusion surgery fails about 50% of the time.
• The more types of childhood trauma you have had, the more likely that back surgery will fail.
• Psychological factors, including chronic stress, emotional repression and unresolved trauma, are frequent causes of pain and barriers to healing.
• Mind/body treatments including relaxation training, biofeedback and psychotherapy can in many cases eliminate pain.
• Chiropractic treatment is considered highly effective for back and neck pain by the World Health Organization and many governments around the world, including the U.S. government.
• The chance of a serious adverse event from a low back chiropractic adjustment is just 1 in 100 million.
• Low Level Laser Therapy, a little known treatment, has over 400 randomized controlled studies demonstrating its effectiveness for a wide variety of pain conditions, including back and neck pain, diabetic neuropathy, post herpetic neuralgia (shingles pain), post-surgical pain and wound healing, yet all insurances refuse to cover it because it is "experimental".
• What you eat can have a major impact on your pain levels.
• Nutritional supplements, including vitamin D, magnesium and omega 3 fatty acids can have very potent pain relieving effects.
• Marijuana is a powerful pain reliever which is also protective against cancer.
• No one has ever died from a marijuana overdose.
In The Truth About Chronic Pain Treatments you will also learn about the power of the following additional therapies to heal your pain:
• Physical therapy
• Energy medicine
• Multidisciplinary pain treatment programs.
Unlike most books on chronic pain treatment that advocate one specific treatment, The Truth About Chronic Pain Treatments provides information about a wide variety of treatments so that you can make informed decisions about the best treatments for you.
The Truth About Chronic Pain Treatments also explains why you haven't heard more about the many safe, effective pain treatments that are available. It includes a legislative proposal, the Pain Treatment Parity Act, which would eliminate the barriers to pain patients getting safer and more effective care.
This is a book that will change your life for the better. If you are one of the 116 million Americans in chronic pain, READ THIS BOOK! YOU CAN HEAL YOUR PAIN!
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.68(d)|
About the Author
Table of ContentsIntroduction 1
Chapter 1: How Do We Know What Works? 7
Chapter 2: Pharmaceutical Treatments 17
Chapter 3: Injections 43
Chapter 4: Surgical Treatments 51
Chapter 5: Mind/Body Treatments 61
Chapter 6: Manipulative and Body-Based Practices 87
Chapter 7: Nutritional Interventions 111
Chapter 8: Herbal Treatments 149
Chapter 9: Exercise 161
Chapter 10: Homeopathy 171
Chapter 11: Acupuncture 181
Chapter 12: Energy Healing 187
Chapter 13: Marijuana 195
Chapter 14: Low-level Laser Therapy 209
Chapter 15: Multidisciplinary Programs 217
Chapter 16: The Pain Treatment Parity Act 221