Less than five miles from Ground Zero in Manhattan sits an international hotbed of anti-Americanism.
The United Nations was created after World War II to promote peace and international understanding. But over the years, and today more than ever, the U.N. has failed to achieve its original mission. It has failed to address the most dangerous threats facing the civilized world, refused to condemn terrorist acts, encouraged America's enemies, and supported some of the world's most oppressive governments, all while wasting billions of dollars.
As veteran reporter Eric Shawn of Fox News Channel points out, the U.N.'s iconic skyscraper is where our so-called allies all too often undermine the United States and our vital interests. And for the honor of hosting our adversaries in our own country, Americans pay a whopping 22 percent of the U.N.'s bloated budget.
The U.N. Exposed will give you a rare insider's tour of the United Nations, focusing on many disturbing aspects that have been ignored by the mainstream media. You will learn, for instance:
- how U.N.-supervised funds were diverted into weapons used against American troops
- how terrorists and rogue states seeking nuclear weapons flout toothless U.N. resolutions
- how our allies' selfish economic interests drive U.N.-backed challenges to America's sovereignty
- how kickbacks, bribes, and corruption have pervaded the highest echelons of the U.N.
- how U.N. ambassadors and staff enjoy luxurious and tax-free Manhattan lifestyles and other perks
- how U.N. workers have repeatedly turned children into their sexual prey
As Shawn declares in his introduction, "I am disgusted by the fact that the altruistic efforts of so many U.N. staff members are undercut by the greed, corruption, and ineptitude of the bureaucracy they serve."
|Publisher:||Penguin Publishing Group|
|Product dimensions:||6.26(w) x 9.26(h) x 1.25(d)|
|Age Range:||18 Years|
About the Author
Eric Shawn is a senior correspondent and anchor for the Fox News Channel. He has covered stories everywhere from the Persian Gulf to Somalia to the White House to the O. J. Simpson trial. He lives in New York City with his family.