The Unofficial Guides are the "Consumer Reports" of travel guides, offering candid evaluations of their destinations' attractions, hotels, restaurants, shopping, nightlife, sports, and more, all rated and ranked by a team of unbiased inspectors so even the most compulsive planners can be sure they're spending their time and money wisely. Each guide addresses the needs of everyone from families to business travelers, with handy charts that demonstrate how each place stacks up against the competition. Plus, all the details are pulled out so they're extremely easy to scan.
Written by a team of experts, The Unofficial Guide to Skiing in the West reveals the pros and cons of each ski mountain in the northern and southern Rockies and the West Coast, with tons of insider tips on where to find the best powder, the best condos and resorts, and the most exciting runs for each skill level, plus info on how to get the best deals on hotels and lift tickets.
The Top 5 Ways The Unofficial Guide to Skiing in the West Can Help You Have the Perfect Trip:
- Everything you need to find the best mountain for your personal skiing preferences
- Inside information on the resorts that only a ski instructor or longtime local would know
- All the details on the slopes: the best runs for novices, the finest trails for intermediate skiing, the best sunlit trails for late-afternoon skiing, the best-formed moguls, where to find the secret reserves of powder, and more
- Advice on how to plan and get the most out of your ski tripand the most for your money
- Tips on finding the perfect hotel room, vacation home, or condo for the best price, plus info on the best restaurants in ski country
About the Author
Lisa Tejada-Flores, Peter Shelton, and Seth Masia are three of the most experienced ski writers in America. All have been contributing editors to Ski or Skiing magazines. These three, plus Ed Chauner, are gifted ski instructors with years of experience matching skiers with the right runs, advising skiers on when and how to ski the slopes, and planning the perfect ski trips. Bob Sehlinger is the creator of the Unofficial Guides.
Table of Contents
List of Illustrations.
About the Authors.
PART ONE: Planning Your Ski Trip.
Things to Consider before You Go.
PART TWO: Colorado and New Mexico.
The Vail Valley.
West and North of Denver.
Soulful Southwestern Colorado and Northern New Mexico.
PART THREE: Utah and the Northern Rockies.
Little Cottonwood Canyon.
Big Cottonwood Canyon.
The Northern Rockies.
PART FOUR: California and the Pacific Northwest.
The Sierras and Tahoe.
The Pacific Northwest.