The USA and Canada 2011 / Edition 13 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
- Taylor & Francis
This renowned reference title provides essential statistical and directory material on these vast North American nations and the issues surrounding them. Completely revised and updated, this thirteenth edition brings together statistical, factual and directory information on these nations and their constituent states, provinces and territories.
- comprehensive geographical, historical, economic and political information
- contributions from acknowledged regional experts
- introductory essays
- leading experts on the area analyze topics of interest and importance to the region as a whole, including: North America and Climate Change, North America and the Media and North America and the BRICs.
Each country is dealt with in greater detail within its own section.
Each country chapter includes:
- essays, including: US Foreign Policy; the Politics of Oil Dependency in the USA; the Role of Religion in US Politics; the USA and the Global Financial Crisis; Health and Social Welfare Policy in the USA; Diversity and Equality in the USA; the History of Canada post-1980; Federal Energy Policy in Canada; and Canada’s Foreign Relations
- directory and statistics.
|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis|
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 11.00(h) x 4.80(d)|
Table of Contents
Part 1: General Survey. NAFTA: Beyond the Security and Prosperity Partnership. Managing Long-Term Change: US and Canadian Reactions to the Rise of the BRICs. Changing Policy Views of Immigration in the USA and Canada. The Political Response to Climate Change in North America. Part 2: The USA. Introduction. Essays: Essays on Public Affairs; Essays on US Economic and Social Affairs. Directory: Public Affairs; The Economy; Society. The States. Part 3: Canada. Introduction. Essays: Essays on Public Affairs; Essays on Canadian Economic and Social Affairs. Directory: Public Affairs; The Economy; Society. The Provinces and Territories.