The Cisco VIRL BOOK (2nd Edition, VIRL 1.5 compatible)
Cisco Virtual Internet Routing Lab (VIRL) is a software tool to build and run network simulations without the need for physical hardware. The VIRL Book guides you through installing, configuring and using VIRL on Windows, Mac OSX, VMware ESXi and Cloud environments. The book is written for students who are studying for CCNA, CCNP and CCIE certification exams, training and learning about network technologies. This book is also for IT networking professionals who want to mock up production network, test network changes, and test new features without risking downtime.
FOR NETWORK ENGINEERS
- The real-world network topology examples in this book show users step-by-step the key techniques when working in VIRL building best practice configuration of each network device.
- Observe how the network and servers work together in a practical manner. Study the behavior and apply the knowledge to setting up real-world network infrastructure.
- Download free sample network topology projects on www.virlbook.com and get started today!
FOR INSTRUCTORS AND STUDENTS
- The certification-oriented network examples guide students through building, configuring and troubleshooting a network often appears in the exams.
- The book also helps Cisco Networking Academy instructors to teach, and students to learn and build successful IT careers.
- Students will gain good understanding and knowledge building network simulations to practice while pursuing IT networking certifications.
SAMPLE NETWORK TOPOLOGIES
Topology 1: VLAN, Trunking, STP and Ether-Channel (CCNA)
Topology 2: Configuring EIGRP IPv4 and IPv6 (CCNA)
Topology 3: Configuring OSPF IPv4 and IPv6 (CCNA)
Topology 4: Configuring IOS NAT/PAT (CCNA)
Topology 5: Configuring ASA With Multiple DMZ Networks (Security)
Topology 6: Configuring L2TP Over IPSec VPN on Cisco ASA (Security)
Topology 7: Configuring Automatic ISP Failover (WAN, BGP)
Topology 8: Configuring DMVPN With IPSec and EIGRP Overlay (CCIE)
Topology 9: Configuring MPLS VPN, VRF, OSPF and BGP (CCIE)
Download at book materials at virlbook.com
|Publisher:||Speak Network Solutions|
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.25(h) x 0.64(d)|
About the Author
Jack Wang, CCIE #32450, is a principal network consultant and founder of Speak Network Solutions. He has been designing and implementing enterprise and large-scale service provider networks as well as teaching and blogging about advanced technologies. His current focus includes Software-Define Networking (SDN), data centers, Amazon AWS cloud integration, wireless, WAN architectures and design. Jack holds B.S. in Engineering and M.S. in Computer Science.
Jack’s passion for network technologies and solutions has played a dominant role in his 20 years of industry experience. He prides himself in his knowledge sharing abilities, evident in the fact that he has mentored many successful engineers, as well as having designed and delivered some network infrastructures around the globe.