The War on Our History
Confederate memorials toppled . . . Columbus statues attacked with red paint.
They started with slave-owning Confederate generals, but they’re not stopping there.
The vandals are only pretending to care about the character of particular American heroes. In reality, they hate what those heroes represent: the truths asserted in the Declaration of Independence and embodied in the Constitution. And they are bent on taking America down and replacing our free society with a socialist utopia. All that stands in their way is Americans’ reverence for our history of freedom.
Which is why that history simply has to go.
Now, Jarrett Stepman, editor at The Daily Signal and host of Right Side of History, exposes the true aims of the war on our history:
- The war on America: World history is full of conquests and suffering indigenous peoples. Why target Christopher Columbus? What they really want to tear down is America.
- The war on Thanksgiving: World history is full of colonists. Why target the Pilgrims? What they really want to tear down is American freedom and prosperity.
- The war on the Founding: World history is full of slavery. Why target Thomas Jefferson? What they really want to tear down are the rights endowed by our Creator.
- The war on the common man: World history is full of victorious generals and populist politicians. Why target Andrew Jackson? What they really want to tear down is democracy.
- The war on the South: World history is full of civil strife. Why target Confederate heroes like Robert E. Lee? What they really want to tear down is respect for America’s past and the reconciliation that renewed our Union.
- The war on patriotism: World history is full of national pride. Why target Teddy Roosevelt? What they really want to tear down is the idea of American greatness.
- The war on the American century: World history is full of bloody wars. What they really want to tear down is America’s defeat of totalitarianism.
If America is to survive this assault, we must rally to the defense of our illustrious history. The War on History is the battle plan.
|Product dimensions:||9.10(w) x 6.10(h) x 1.30(d)|
About the Author
Jarrett Stepman is a columnist for The Daily Signal, a multimedia publication of The Heritage Foundation, where he writes about how American history informs our present politics. He was a 2018 Lincoln Fellow for the Claremont Institute, and has appeared on Fox News, CNN, and the One America News Network. His columns have been published by The Federalist, The American Mind, RealClearPolitics, and Congressional Quarterly, among many other outlets. Jarrett lives in Washington, D.C.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
A great book by Mr. Stepman. This book is very informative and an enjoyable read. “The War on History” takes you to the reasons behind the current attacks on American history and defends our country’s past. I recommend this book highly.
Superbly written book. I look forward to reading future work by this skillful author. If you are interested in facts about American history, this book is for you. Very educational!
Excellent! I loved this informative book and appreciate the authors defense of our country’s past. Great book!
The author obviously has a deep understanding of American history. I loved the book. Well done!!!