One of the greatest myths in dog ownership is that once a puppy is housetrained and has graduated from a puppy training class, an owner’s work is done. In fact, that work is just beginning.Drawing on some twenty-five years of clinical experience, Dr.Dodman offers what he calls "continuing education" for dogs and their owners. You will discover
• how much exercise your dog really needs (and why)
• how diet can affect behavior
• how to communicate clearly with your dog and understand dog body language
• how to lead your dog, not dominate him
• how to optimize your dog’s environment
• how to address medical problems that might underlie unwanted behavior
Dr.Dodman’s comprehensive, seven-step approach takes on the whole dog—his health, behavior, and environment—and lays the groundwork for the proper care and training of your best friend, for life.
|Publisher:||Houghton Mifflin Harcourt|
|Edition description:||First Edition|
|Product dimensions:||5.40(w) x 8.20(h) x 0.80(d)|
About the Author
NICHOLAS DODMAN is a world-renowned animal behaviorist, who has appeared on Oprah, the Today show, 20/20, and CNN.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews