Practical, task-oriented, and user-friendly—the only scanning book designed specifically for Windows 95 users
Whether you're scanning a black-and-white picture of your boss for the company newsletter or a complex color image for an important sales presentation, The Windows 95 Scanning Book will help you produce high-quality images easily, quickly, and efficiently.
Each chapter in The Windows 95 Scanning Book teaches you how to accomplish specific and fundamental tasks, such as determining the correct scanning resolution for printed output or reducing the size of a scanned image. Heavily illustrated, step-by-step instructions guide you through proper and efficient procedures for a wide range of everyday business applications. You'll gain both a command of hands-on scanning techniques and a basic understanding of scanning and imaging technology that will enable you to scan and edit images successfully using any scanner or software program. The book also features numerous troubleshooting tips on avoiding and resolving common problems such as moire patterns and show-through on thin paper.
This valuable handbook includes:
- Techniques for scanning text, black-and-white, grayscale, color, and 3D images
- Tips on optimizing scanner performance
- Carefully chosen color scanning examples
- Procedures for editing and enhancing scanned images using Adobe PhotoShopTM, MicroGrafx Picture Publisher(r), Corel PhotoPaintTM, and other leading programs
- Resolution formulas and techniques for different output media, including monitor display, film recorder, and video output
|Product dimensions:||7.48(w) x 9.29(h) x 0.79(d)|
About the Author
LUISA SIMONE, former executive editor of PC Magazine, is a freelance writer and consultant. She teaches Windows desktop publishing at the Pratt Institute Continuing Education Program in New York City.