The Writer's Work: A Guide to Effective Composition by Frank O'Hare, Dean Memering
A comprehensive rhetoric that presents the writing process as a series of choices and revisions that is achieved through the technique of multiple drafting.
Table of Contents1. The Writer's Mind and the Composing Process.
2. Planning and Discovery, Discovery and Planning.
3. Drafting and Revising.
4. Strategies of Development, Strategies of Thinking.
5. Personal Writing.
6. Informative Writing.
7. Evaluative Writing.
9. Writing with Sources.
10. Documenting Sources.
11. Writing Responses to Essay Exam Questions.
12. Effective Paragraphs.
13. Revision Using Sentence Combining.
14. Effective Sentences.
15. Effective Diction.
17. Mechanics and Punctuation.