(Theatre World). Celebrating its 64th year, Theatre World remains the definitive annual record of the American theatre season the most complete record of the Broadway, Off-Broadway, Off-Off-Broadway, and regional theatre season. Volume 64 features Harvey Fierstein's A Catered Affair , starring Faith Prince, and Tracy Lett's moving August: Osage County , the latter part of a strong season for original dramas on Broadway. It was a season also rife with stellar revivals, including Sunday in the Park with George ; South Pacific ; Come Back ; Little Sheba with S. Epatha Merkerson; Cat on a Hot Tin Roof with James Earl Jones; and The Country Girl , directed by Mike Nichols and starring Morgan Freeman and Frances McDormand. Off Broadway, both Passing Strange and In the Heights were a sensation and moved to Broadway. Mask , at the Pasadena Playhouse, and True Life Tales , based on an Internet blog and produced by Balliwick Repertory in Chicago, made splashes on the regional scene. As always, Theatre World 's outstanding features include:
• An expanded section of professional regional productions from across the U.S.
• An expanded listing of all the major theatrical awards
• The longest running shows on and off Broadway
• Full coverage of the Theatre World Awards for Broadway and Off-Broadway debuts
• Expanded obituaries and a comprehensive index
|Publisher:||Hal Leonard Corporation|
|Product dimensions:||7.60(w) x 9.20(h) x 1.10(d)|