Preface to the Second Edition.
Part I: Theology and Liberalism:.
1. Political Theology and the New Science of Politics.
2. Political Economy as Theodicy and Agonistics.
Part II: Theology and Positivism:.
3. Sociology I: From Malebranche to Durkheim.
4. Sociology II: From Kant to Weber.
5. Policing the Sublime: A Critique of the Sociology of Religion.
Part III: Theology and Dialectics:.
6. For and Against Hegel.
7. For and Against Marx.
8. Founding the Supernatural: Political and Liberation Theology in the Context of Modern Catholic Thought.
Part IV: Theology and Difference:.
9. Science, Reality and Power.
10. Ontological Violence or, The Post-Modern Problematic.
11. Difference of Virtue, Virtue of Difference.
12. The Other City: Theology as a Social Science.
Index of Names.