|Series:||Religious Studies: Bloomsbury Academic Collections|
|Product dimensions:||6.14(w) x 9.21(h) x 0.94(d)|
About the Author
Amos Yong is Professor of Theology at Fuller Theological Seminary, USA.
Peter G. Heltzel is Associate Professor of Systematic Theology at the New York Theological Seminary, USA.
Table of Contents
Preface Amos Yong and Peter G. Heltzel
Part One: Religion in the Late Modern World
1. Neville's Systematic Theology of Symbolic Engagement Wesley J. Wildman
2. Robert Cummings Neville and Theology's Global Future Amos Yong and Peter G. Heltzel
3. Global Citizenship, Religion, and World Order Rodney L. Petersen
4. Civilizing World Society: Order, Terror, Piety Andrew Irvine
5. Borderline Ethics and Intra-Community Violence and Murder among Young African American Males Rufus Burrow, Jr.
6. Axiology and Ecology: Neville'sContribution to an Ecological Ethic Rolf Bouma
7. Jesus and Monotheism: Theological Transformations of Religious Philosophy Kurt Anders Richardson
8. The Refiner's Fire: Some Reflections on Neville, Postmodernism, and the Trends in Discourses on Islam Syed Nomanul Haq
Part Two: Asian Religious Traditions and Theology
9. Neville Turns East John H. Berthrong
10. Neville's Axiological Cosmology of Imaginative Synthesis: A Framework for Comparative Theology and Religion Steve Odin
11. Pragmatism, Logical Vagueness, and the Art of Comparative Engagement Warren G. Frisina
12. Immortality Livia Kohn
13. The Economy of Cosmic Power: A Vision for a Daoist Theology of Religion James Miller
14. Mary, Mother of Mylapore: Symbolic Engagement as an Interreligious Transaction Francis X. Clooney, S.J.
15. Toward a Christian Advaita: Sankara, Tillich, and Neville in Dialogue John J. Thatamanil
16. Nagarjuna and Creatio ex nihilo Harold H. Oliver
Part Three: The Future of Christian Theology
17. Godhead, God(s), Religions, and the Christian Religion Ray L. Hart
18. The Primordial, Godhead, and Apocalyptic Christianity Thomas J. J. Altizer
19. Graceful Reality: A Foundation for the Future of Philosophy and Theology Jennifer Hockenbery
20. The Future of the Cross: Symbolic Engagement with the Atonement S. Mark Heim
21. Infinity and Intersubjectivity Joseph A. Bracken, S.J.
22. A More Radical Pluralism John B. Cobb, Jr.
23. Which Way toward a Theology of Religions: Pragmatist, Methodist, Ecumenist? Gabriel Fackre
24. Theology's Great Sin: Silence in the Face of White Supremacy James H. Cone
Part Four: Neville's Response
25. Thanks and Conversation: Responding to My Theological Colleagues Robert Cummings Neville
Robert Cummings Neville: Select List of Publications