Ever wondered what it's like to date Japanese men and women? How will culture affect your dating life?
This book explores dating histories of 15 people of 8 nationalities, including straight and LGBT people. Some of them came to Japan because of their job, and some by their choice, but they have one thing in common: struggling with dating Japanese men and women.
- Nadia, a black American woman, met her Japanese fiancé on a dark street when he approached her in a car.
- James, a white British man, saved a Japanese girl from a robber, and she became his first girlfriend.
- Sabina, a Russian model, talks about her sex life with her Japanese husband.
- Andre, a Jamaican man, married a Japanese woman for the promise of coming to Japan, which she didn't fulfil.
- Lily, a white American woman, realizes that there's something Japanese men have in common.
...and so on.
Their stories are full of mistakes, cultural conflicts, sexy times, lessons learned, and happy moments. The author, who grew up in Japan, offers cultural perspective to each story to elucidate Japanese psyche.
Welcome to the curious world of dating in Japan!