Things Will Get as Good as You Can Stand by Laura Doyle
Why do the things you want elude you?
Intimacy. Validation. Romance. Nice things. More time. Most women wish for these every day.
In Things Will Get as Good as You Can Stand, bestselling author Laura Doyle says that all of these things are available to us, but receiving them makes women feel uncomfortable. We turn away praise at work, help with the house, an expression of admiration so that we appear to be in control. The result is a Superwoman Syndrome: we are overworked and exhausted -- and we feel alone.
In Things Will Get as Good as You Can Stand, Doyle provides steps for overcoming the Superwoman Syndrome and explains why:
- If you act like you don't deserve something, everyone else will agree
- Saying what you want makes you more beautiful
- Grateful women have better romantic relationships
- You should let a man support you
- You have to be vulnerable to get emotional help
With her trademark practical approach, Doyle explains why it is "better to receive than to give." She guides you to accepting what you are offered with ease and kindness, which is the expressway to having what you want.