Think about the last time someone put you on the spot, and questioned what this whole Christianity thing is all about. Maybe they asked you why going to church matters, or how you could possibly believe the Bible, or how God could really care if there's so much bad happening in the world.
Do you feel unsettled by questions like this?
In Think Like Jesus, Randy Frazee wants to give you the confidence to know what you believe, deep down in your heart, and to help you dig into Scripture to see for yourself the biblical foundation for those beliefs.
The first five key beliefs deal with our relationship with God:
- God is the one true God
- God cares about our daily lives
- Our salvation comes through faith in Jesus Christ.
- The Bible is God's roadmap for our lives.
- We receive a new identity when we embrace these beliefs.
The last three key beliefs deal with our relationship with others:
- God accomplishes his purposes on earth through the Church
- God calls Christians to see people the same way he does
- We will be reunited with God and his family in the new heaven and new earth
The bottom line is, it’s not enough to know what you’re supposed to believe. Jesus calls us to live differently. Living differently starts thinking like Jesus so you can act like Jesus and ultimately be like Jesus. Think Like Jesus will help you begin the process of transformation, because the way you behave, the habits you form, and the character that defines you are all driven by what you believe.
- Who Is God?
- Does God Care About Me?
- How Do I Have a Relationship with God?
- How Does the Bible Guide My Life?
- Who Am I in Christ?
- What Is the Purpose of the Church?
- How Does God Value People?
- What Is Eternity Going to Be Like?
This study is adapted from the Think portions of the Believe Study Guide and Think, Act, Be Like Jesus by Randy Frazee (2015).
Designed for use with the Think Like Jesus Video Study available on DVD or streaming video, sold separately.
Related collections and offers
About the Author
Table of Contents
How to Use This Guide v
Session 1 Who Is God? 1
Session 2 Does God Care About Me? 19
Session 3 How Do I Have a Relationship with God? 37
Session 4 How Does the Bible Guide My Life? 55
Session 5 Who Am I in Christ? 73
Session 6 What is the Purpose of the Church? 91
Session 7 How Does God Value People? 109
Session 8 What Is Eternity Going to Be Like? 127
Leader's Guide 145