Around the world the disruptive promises of the infamous dot com bubble of the late nineties and early noughties are finally being realised. The current generation of IT that had cloud enter everyday vocabulary has businesses embracing digital transformation and digital enabled business methods. As a result, a new requirement has emerged for a different kind of Operating Model – a Cloud Operating Model (COM). As we will explain, the Cloud Operating Model is the new lingua franca for the business and IT teams to communicate and collaborate and get down to work. The digital agenda is commanding CEO attention worldwide, and its outcomes will set the scene for high-speed business change over the next decade.
The balance between agility and control is a key theme in this book, and we will advocate the necessity of (some) sacrifice of control in order to enable the agility now demanded by a business competing in a digital world.
Table of Contents
'What the leadership team need to know'
1. The Digital Age p1
2. The Digital Wave p7
3. The Way Ahead p17
4. The Race is on p23
5. Agile – small word quick work p33
6. The Business Questions p41
'What the technical team need to know'
7. A new operating model p73
8. Strategy and service providers p77
9. Procurement and financial governance p89
10. Service management p97
11. Access control, security and provisioning p109
12. Monitoring, management and automation p125
13. DevOps and application development p133
14. The Technical Questions p149
15. Funny you should say that p185
16. Final Word p191