From Sally Lloyd-Jones and Jago, the creators of the bestselling The Jesus Storybook Bible, comes a gorgeous and innovative collection of 101 simple-yet-profound thoughts on faith, to turn the reader’s eyes toward the God who loves them with a Never Stopping, Never Giving Up, Unbreaking, Always and Forever Love.
Thoughts to Make Your Heart Sing shares:
- Profound spiritual truths from the Bible in a conversational tone—drawing insights from creation, history, and science
- The writings of great thinkers, preachers, writers, and more—to remind children that God loves them with a Never Stopping, Never Giving Up, Unbreaking, Always and Forever Love
This wonderful collection:
- Contains 101 readings on a variety of topics that will help you and your children look at the world in a new, fresh way
- Teaches children ages six and up about God’s love through word and image
- Is perfect for family devotions, bedtime, story time, or even as an inspirational companion to The Jesus Storybook Bible
- Includes beautiful, colorful artwork on every page
- Has a sturdy binding and pages that hold up to years of daily use, even with little hands
- Makes a wonderful gift for Christmas, Easter, baptisms, and birthdays
Related collections and offers
|Sold by:||HarperCollins Publishing|
|File size:||475 MB|
|Note:||This product may take a few minutes to download.|
|Age Range:||6 - 10 Years|
About the Author
Sally Lloyd-Jones is an award-winning New York Times bestselling writer of over 30 books for children. Her books are written for children (although a lot of adults are reading them, too) and include: The Jesus Storybook Bible, an ALA Notable and winner of the Platinum Book Award; Thoughts to Make Your Heart Sing, winner of the Association of Christian Publisher’s Adult Devotional Book of the year; and the Christopher Medal winner, Baby Wren and the Great Gift. Sally was born in Africa, educated in England, studied at the Sorbonne, and now lives in New York City. She can be found at sallylloyd-jones.com.
Read an Excerpt
Thoughts to Make Your Heart Sing
By Sally Lloyd-Jones
ZONDERVANCopyright © 2012 Sally Lloyd-Jones
All right reserved.
In the beginning, God sang everything into being—for the joy of it!—and set the whole universe dancing!
God was in the center, at the heart of everything.
Like the dance of the planets before the sun—turning, spinning, circling, wheeling, revolving, orbiting around and around—God made everything in his world and in his universe and in his children's hearts to center around him—in a wonderful Dance of Joy!
It's the Dance you were born for. Dance!
"The morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy." Job 38:7 (KJV)
THREE SMALL WORDS
"[Treasure] these words of mine in your heart and in your soul." Deuteronomy 11:18 (ESV)
What words does God want you to treasure in the deepest part of you?
"Be good"? "Do it better"? "Try harder"? are those the words God wrote in the Bible for us, to rescue and free us?
No. Those words only show us what we can't do.
The words God wants us to remember are just three small ones: "I love you!"
They are the words that stop the Terrible Lie that Satan whispered to eve in the garden: "God doesn't love you!" They are the words that heal the poison in our hearts that stops us from trusting God.
They are the words that Jesus came to tell us with his whole life.
They are the words he died to prove.
What words will you treasure today?
Excerpted from Thoughts to Make Your Heart Sing by Sally Lloyd-Jones Copyright © 2012 by Sally Lloyd-Jones. Excerpted by permission of ZONDERVAN. All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.
Excerpts are provided by Dial-A-Book Inc. solely for the personal use of visitors to this web site.