Temporarily Out of Stock Online
3-Minute Motivators will show you how to turn unmotivated, unfocused students into eager classroom participants and learners. This practical handbook includes more than 100 simple ideas that will refocus a group, release excess energy, or start off class with a bang.
Organized around common classroom challenges, 3-Minute Motivators offers a wide variety of ready-to-use activities that turn potential problems into opportunities, and get students out of a rut and into a more productive mode:
- Calm Downrelaxing activities that let imaginations soar, including Collecting Clouds and the Silent Scream
- Get Movinglively motivators, from the Big Yawn to Number Shakes
- Act, Don't Speaksilent but fun, from Balancing Act to As the Circle Turns
- Words and Movementactivities that mix talk with action, including Explosion, Mad Milling, and Kodak Moments
- Single Words and Soundsthe simplest communication, from Interactive Words to Chant-along
- Conversationgetting motivated one-on-one, from Song Speak and Slow-Mo to Think Talk
- Brainstormworking together to let the ideas fly, from Word Tennis to Break-up
- Paper and pencil activities that range from Letter Scrambles and 4-word Lottos to Written Rumors and Shared-pen Stories.
This book is an ideal resource for both new and experienced teachers, promoting inherently playful activities that involve competition, cooperation, and opportunities to focus on real learning.
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.20(w) x 10.70(h) x 0.20(d)|
|Age Range:||5 - 17 Years|
About the Author
Kathy Paterson is a teacher and drama specialist with more than 25 years of classroom experience. A popular speaker and writer, she is involved in teacher training with several universities on issues around differentiation and effective teaching practices. The author of Every Adult's Guide to Talking to Teens and How Do I Teach and Keep My Sanity, her books have been translated in the Czech Republic, Germany, Indonesia, Lithuania, and Slovenia.