Chris Schlesinger and John Willoughby bring a unique blend of exotic spices, American favorites, humor, and infectious enthusiasm that will put the thrill in your grill and have you coming back for seconds.
Among this book's unique features:
- Sound advice on which grills and fuels to use, how to lay your fire, and how to know just when the fire is at the right temperature.
- Descriptions of the few cooking tools you need for carefree grilling, with instructions on how to use them.
- A chapter elucidating the fine art of grilling, with tips on how to get the best, most flavorful results.
- A chapter of innovative, full-flavored grill appetizers, eminently suitable for combining into a full meal.
- A one-of-a-kind section on the art of barbecuing (smoke cooking), including all-new information on regional variations, barbecue terminology, and a guide to the colorful rhetoric that is an indispensable part of this cooking style.
- An original chapter called "Sambals, Blatjangs, and Salsas," or the "sauces" of grilled foods, easily put together with raw ingredients.
- Recipes for exotic beverages that are just the thing to wash down a spicy meal.
- Simple down-home desserts, perfect after grilled foods.
- 32 pages of four-color photographs of the recipes in the book.
- A pantry section that provides you with techniques for creating recipe ingredients such as braised garlic and roasted peppers; tells you what prepared ingredients you should have on hand; and describes the variety of chile peppers and exotic fruits and vegetables used in the book.
|Product dimensions:||10.04(w) x 7.44(h) x 1.20(d)|
About the Author
Chris Schlesinger is the chef/owner of the award winning East Coast Grill in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and Back in Eddy in Westport, Massachusetts, and the 1996 winner of the James Beard Award for the Best Chef in the Northeast.