Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
This comprehensive guide brings together in one place all the official liturgical texts needed for planning a Catholic funeral Mass, providing a practical tool for priests, deacons, and lay pastoral ministers as they help grieving Catholics plan the funeral of a loved one. Families can select the readings and prayers that they find most fitting and record them on an easy-to-follow selection sheet. This sheet is then passed on to the presiding priest or his designate so that he can prepare the liturgy.
• Nearly 1,000,000 copies sold in its thirty-year history
• Contains all required changes from the Roman Missal, Third Edition, official approved lectionary readings, and pertinent texts from the Order of Christian Funerals
• Includes comprehensive selection sheet for readings and prayers
• Two distinct numbering systems: one coincides with the official liturgical books and the other with the Funeral Mass and Rite of Committal ritual card set published for presiders by Ave Maria Press.
• Includes brief, informative appendix explaining Church teaching on the practice of cremation.
|Publisher:||Ave Maria Press|
|Product dimensions:||5.90(w) x 8.80(h) x 0.50(d)|
About the Author
Msgr. Joseph M. Champlin served in sacramental ministry in the Diocese of Syracuse. A prolific writer on pastoral care and spirituality concerns, wrote more than fifty books and traveled more than two million miles lecturing in the United States and abroad. He died in January of 2008.
Peter A. Jarret, C.S.C., is superior and rector of Moreau Seminary at the University of Notre Dame.