The classic reference guide for living with thyroid disordernow completely revised and updated
The New York Times called this book "an excellent source of information." The Thyroid Sourcebook features patient narratives; information on the complications of hypo- and hyperthyroidism, such as depression, weight gain, thyroid, eye disease, and sleep disorders; the latest on complimentary medicine; and much more.
About the Author
M. Sara Rosenthal, Ph.D., is a thyroid cancer survivor, bioethicist, medical sociologist, and pioneer in consumer health writing who has authored more than thirty books. She completed her Ph.D. at the University of Toronto and is the director of the Program for Bioethics at the University of Kentucky.
Table of Contents
1.Meet Your Thyroid Gland
2. Hypothyroidism: Slowing Down
3. Hyperthyroidism: Speeding Up
5. Please Explain Thyroid Nodules
6. When they Tell You it’s Cancer
7. Thyroid Disease Complications
8. Thyroid and New Life
9. Hot Stuff: A Starter’s Guide to Radioactive Iodine
10. Helping the Medicine Go Down: Thyroid Hormone Replacement
11. What to Eat
12. The Role of Complimentary and Alternative Medicine