If you’ve ever struggled with identifying the problems in your oil paintings—and how to fix them—then this book is for you. Not only will you learn to solve those pesky painting problems, you’ll learn how to avoid them in the first place.
Here you’ll get to know the right way to put a painting together from the start, beginning with the essential elements of successful oil painting:
- Edge quality
After a brief review of materials and techniques, you’ll learn to make good choices before taking your brush to the canvas:
- Control the way the viewer’s eye scans your composition
- Attract and retain the viewer’s attention
- Create a sense of depth
- Select or set up subject matter, with an emphasis on the still life
- Use light to create form
- Simplify values for stronger paintings
- Paint edges that attract the eye and create depth
- Use color to create mood and enhance realism
- Draw with a brush and simplify your brushwork
All of these techniques are illustrated throughout the boo k with Browning’s work, often showing a flawed “before” painting, followed by an example showing how he corrected the error using the elements discussed.
No matter your current skill level, you’ll find valuable advice and inspiration in the pages of this book—advice that will immediately improve your oil paintings!
|Publisher:||Echo Point Books & Media|
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 11.02(h) x 0.56(d)|