Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Timor-Leste (East Timor) is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Snorkel with pristine reefs and diverse sea life, join in the Dili 'City of Peace' Marathon, or cheer on the Tour de Timor bikers; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Timor-Leste and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Timor-Leste (East Timor) Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, religion, art, music, dance, architecture, politics, plants, and wildlife
- Over 24 local maps
- Useful features - including Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), Tour de Timor, and Dili Marathon
- Coverage of Dili, Atauro Island, Oecussi, North Coast, Aileu, Baucau, Viqueque, Baguia, Tutuala, Betano, Pantemakassar, Liquica, Maubara, Com, Ainaro, Zumalai, Manatuto, Lautem, Manufahi, Ermera, Bobonaro, Cova Lima, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Timor-Leste (East Timor), our most comprehensive guide to Timor-Leste, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Southeast Asia on a Shoestring guide for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet and Rodney Cocks.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)