Written by an author with a worldwide reputation as one of the foremost proponents of the Tip-Edge System, this book is a comprehensive introduction to the use of the Tip-Edge orthodontic appliance. The author lectures throughout the US and the rest of the world.
• Provides a practical introduction to the use of the Tip-Edge technique.
• Written by a world leader in the clinical development of the Tip-Edge technique.
• Describes the three stages of treatment in detail with the help of line diagrams.
• Illustrates the scope of the technique with actual case histories that demonstrate the treatment of cases of greater difficulty that can be handled by conventional appliances.
• Includes superior color illustrations throughout.
• Outlines the technique for the complete beginner, but contains finer points of technique for the experienced user.
• Describes the technique from the viewpoint of someone using the straight wire appliance used by most orthodontists, and compares Tip-Edge with the straight wire appliance throughout. This makes the technique easier to understand for most readers who come from a straight wire background.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Product dimensions:||9.40(w) x 10.50(h) x 0.60(d)|
Table of Contents
2. Differential Tooth Movement
3. Dynamics of Tip-Edge
5. Treatment Stages
6. Bonding and Setting Up
7. Stage 1
8. Setting Up Stage 1
9. Stage 1 Checks
10. Power Tipping
11. Stage 2
12. Setting Up Stage 2
13. Stage 2 Checks
14. Stage 3
15. Stage 3 Archwires
16. Stage 3: Setting the Torque
17. Stage 3: Fitting the Archwires
18. Stage 3 Checks
19. Precision Finishing
20. The Non-Compliant Patient
21. Post Script
22. Treatment Sequence