In Tired of Being Tired, Dr. Michael A. Schmidt describes in short, succinct chapters the many factors that contribute to fatigue and factors that affect mental clarity. This book will help you assemble the pieces of your own puzzle and develop a strategy to achieve peak energy that is unique to you. With this knowledge in hand, you can proceed to the basic strategies at the end of the book that boost energy and restore balance.
Some of the diverse issues that are raised in this book include:
- vitamin and mineral deficiencies that cause low energy
- prescription drugs that cause fatigue
- psychological triggers of fatigue and poor mental clarity
- digestive problems that may point the body's energy system
- environmental toxins and how to protect against them
- laboratory tests to help solve the riddle of poor energy
|Publisher:||North Atlantic Books|
|Product dimensions:||5.90(w) x 8.90(h) x 0.90(d)|
About the Author
Michael A. Schmidt, Ph.D. did his Ph.D. research in molecular medicine at NASA Ames Research Center in Mountainview, California. He also did a fellowship in neurochemistry and an internship in molecular medicine within NASA's Human Research and Technology Division.
Dr. Schmidt is the author of 6 popular books on health and nutrition, including Brain-Building Nutrition, Beyond Antibiotics, and BioAge. He is co-editor of the text Clinical Nutrition: A Functional Approach and the forthcoming text Nutritional Pharmacology and Clinical Neuroscience. Dr. Schmidt is a professional member of the Society for Neuroscience and the DNA Methylation Society.