Today's Health Professions: Working Together to Provide Quality Care / Edition 1 available in Hardcover
Which health career is right for you?
What do you need to know to be successful?
How do professionals work together to deliver patient-centered, holistic care?
Here’s the information you need to choose the career that’s right for you.
From athletic trainer to speech pathologist and every major healthcare profession in between, you’ll explore their histories, employment opportunities, licensure requirements, earnings potential, and career paths. Professional healthcare providers share their personal stories; introduce you to their work; and describe what a typical day is like. Their insights help you to see which career might be the right one for you.
You’ll also learn about the important role interdisciplinary collaboration will play throughout your career. As a healthcare professional, you’ll work as a member of a team that’s focused on providing quality, holistic care to your patients. Thought-provoking activities and exercises in the book and online at DavisPlus help you to understand the complexity of care and prepare you to collaborate successfully with other disciplines.
|Publisher:||F. A. Davis Company|
|Product dimensions:||8.60(w) x 11.10(h) x 0.90(d)|
Table of Contents
I. The State of the Healthcare Environment
1. Is a Career in Health Professions Right for you? (Patricia Royal, EdD)
2. The Healthcare Environment (Patricia Royal, EdD)
3. Types of Health-Care Facilities (Patricia Royal, EdD)
4. Paying for Services (Patricia Royal, EdD)
II. The Divisions of Healthcare
5. Introduction to the Primary Health Care Professions (Patricia Royal, EdD)
6. History of Allied Health Professions (Patricia Royal, EdD)
7. Interprofessional Approach for Patient Care (Patricia Royal, EdD)
III. Primary Care Professions
8. Medicine (Thomas G. Irons, MD)
9. Nursing (Annette Greer, PhD, MSN)
10. Pharmacy (Doyle Cummings, Pharm.D, FCP, FCCP)
IV. Allied Health Professions
11. Athletic Training (Katie Walsh Flannigan, EdD)
12. Audiology (Ayaskanta Rout, PhD)
13. Clinical Laboratory Science (Joan Glacken, EdD, Julie Zemplinski, MSH, & Tony Burkett, MS)
14. Dental Professions (Kelley Lybrand, DDS)
15. Dietetics (Michelle Hesse (Battista), PhD, RD; Tonya Orchard, PhD, RDN, LD; & Julie Kennel, PhD, RDN, LD)
16. Emergency Medical Services (Keith Monosky, PhD)
17. Health Information Management (Patricia Royal, EdD)
18. Health Services Management (Patricia Royal, EdD)
19. Medical Assisting (Laura Melendez, BS & Patricia Royal, EdD)
20. Occupational Therapy (Gregory Wintz, PhD, OTR/L)
21. Physical Therapy (Deanna Dye, PT, PhD)
22. Physician Assisting (Amanda Moloney-Johns, MPAS, PA-C)
23. Radiography (Amy Freshley-Lebkuecher, MS & Rex Ameigh, MSLM)
24. Radiation Therapy (Jennifer L. Harper, MD)
25. Recreational Therapy (Mary Ann Keogh Hoss, PhD & Missy Armstrong, MS)
26. Rehabilitation Counseling (Linda Holloway, PhD, CRC)
27. Respiratory Care/Cardiopulmonary (Jennifer Keely, MEd, RRT-AACS & Kathryn Rollins, Med, RRT-NPS)
28. Social Work (Patricia Royal, EdD, MSW)
29. Speech/Language Pathology (Elaine Shuey, PhD)
V. The Professional Work Environment
30. Professionalism and Ethics in Health Care (Patricia Royal, EdD)
31. Professionals Working Together (Patricia Royal, EdD)
Appendix: Other Health-Related Professions