Marco Polo Pocket Guide Tokyo: the Travel Guide with Insider Tips
Explore Tokyo with this handy, pocket-sized, authoritative guide, packed with Insider Tips. Discover boutique hotels, authentic restaurants, the city's trendiest places, and get tips on shopping and what to do on a limited budget. There are plenty of ideas for travel with kids, and a summary of all the festivals and events that take place. Let Marco Polo show you all this Japanese capital city has to offer…
Tokyo is a glorious mix of the ultra-modern and the deeply traditional. From the historic temples, imperial palaces, classical art and kabuki theatre to the neon-lit skyscrapers and kitsch ‘Love’ Hotels, Tokyo never ceases to amaze and inspire. Take a stroll through immense green parks, enjoy a traditional tea, experience Japanese culinary delicacies, shop in some of the world’s largest malls, see a sumo match… This is Tokyo!
Your Marco Polo Tokyo Pocket Guide includes:
• Insider Tips – we show you the hidden gems and little-known secrets that offer a real insight into the city.
• Best of – find the best things to do for free, the best ‘only in’ Tokyo experiences, the best things to do if it rains and the best places to relax and spoil yourself.
• Sightseeing – all of the top sights are organized by areas of the city so you can easily plan your day.
• Discovery Tours – 4 specially tailored tours will get you to the heart of Tokyo. Experience all the delights of Tokyo with these personal tours.
• Tokyo in full-color – Marco Polo Pocket Guide Tokyo includes full-color photos throughout the guide bringing the city to life offering you a real taste of what you can see and enjoy on your trip.
• Touring App – download any of the Discovery Tours to your smartphone, complete with the detailed route description and map exactly as featured in the guide, free of charge. The maps can be used offline too, so no roaming charges. The perfect navigational tool with distance indicators and landmarks highlighting the correct direction to travel in as well as GPS coordinates along the way. Enjoy stress-free sightseeing and never get lost again!
• Street Atlas and pull-out map – we’ve included a detailed street atlas and a handy, pull-out map so you can pop the guide in your bag for a full-on sightseeing day or head out with just the map to enjoy your Discovery Tour. A metro map of Tokyo is also included.
• Useful Japanese phrases – the essential words and phrases are included to help you get by.
Trust Marco Polo Pocket Guide Tokyo to show you around this fascinating city. The comprehensive coverage and unique insights will ensure you experience everything Tokyo has to offer and more. The special tips, personal insights and unusual experiences will help you make the most of your trip - just arrive and enjoy.
About the Author
Marco Polo Travel Publishing offers a wide range of high quality cartographic products and travel guides. Marco Polo Pocket Guides are known for their handy, compact format and Insider Tips. Our Travel Handbooks are the first to include infographics and our Spiral Guides feature unique lay-flat spiral binding. Marco Polo Maps are famous for the high quality of cartography in their Country, City and Holiday Maps.