Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Towards The Definition Of Philosophy / Edition 1 available in Paperback
Towards the Definition of Philosophy brings together - in their first English translation - two of Heidegger's seminal lecture courses, The Idea of Philosophy and the Problem of Worldview and Phenomenology and Transcendental Philosophy Value, as well as the lecture, On the Nature of the University and Academic Study. The volume also includes a short glossary.
Table of Contents
I. The Idea of Philosophy and the Problem of Worldview
Part I. The Idea of Philosophy as Primordial Science
1. The Search for a Methodological Way
2. Critique of Teleological-Critical Method
Part II. Phenomenology as Pre-Theoretical Primordial Science
1. Analysis of the Structure of Experience
2. The Problem of Presuppositions
3. Primordial Science as Pre-Theoretical Science
II. Phenomenology and Transcendental Philosophy of Value
Part I. Historical Presentation of the Problem
1. The Genesis of Philosophy of Value as the Cultural Philosophy of the Present
2. Windelband's Grounding of Modern Transcendental Philosophy of Value
3. The Further Development of Value-Philosophy by Rickert
Part II. Critical Considerations
Appendix I: On the Nature of the University and Academic Study
Appendix II: The Idea of Philosophy and the Problem of Worldview